CDL Driving Jobs in Charlotte
Steady work is waiting for cdl driving jobs in Charlotte year round at T.G. Stegall. Our itinerary is jam packed and we are looking for qualified drivers to help meet our high demand while also putting some money in their own pockets. Drivers who may have bounced around to different cdl driving jobs can find a long-term home at T.G. Stegall. Opportunities are far and wide at T.G. Stegall as we are in need of drivers as well as Charlotte owner operators.
The Best Facilities In The Business With A Family Atmosphere
Drivers can benefit from excellent hours, great pay and an overall fantastic work environment. All applicants must meet our requirements which are standard for most cdl driving jobs. Our facility also takes care of in-house maintenance so our drivers will always be traveling safely. Our drivers are just as important as our business at T.G. Stegall as we aim to provide Charlotte’s best in trucking employment. There are also benefits to taking one of our national routes. And if you are looking for weekends off, a job as an OTR driver as opposed to CDL Driving Jobs would be a perfect fit for you. Our drivers are treated like family at T.G. Stegall as the Stegall family continues to run its business with the same integrity that has lasted through generations.
At TG Stegall Trucking, we are always looking for good drivers. We offer steady, year-round work with good miles, competitive weekly pay, health benefits, and paid holidays and vacations.
Company Driver Applicant Requirements:
- AGE: must be at least 23-years-old
- EXPERIENCE: must have at least one year verifiable commercial driving experience
- DRIVING RECORD: must have a good driving record with no DWIs, reckless driving, or disqualifying violations.
- CRIMINAL RECORD: must have no felony convictions
- LICENSE: must have a “Class A” CDL license
- DRUG TESTING: must submit to a pre-employment drug screen which will be paid for by the company and done at a company designated test center.
- PHYSICAL EXAMS: must take a DOT physical at a company designated physician or clinic.
- Pay Scale
TIME WITH COMPANY RATE PER MILE Start $ 0.36 6 Months $ 0.37 1 Year $ 0.38
- Any driver possessing a Haz-Mat endorsement would receive an extra .02/mile while under a placarded Haz-Mat load.
- Layover and Stopoff Pay (Weekly)
- Per Diem Allowance
- Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Direct Deposit Available
- Company-Paid Health Insurance for employee (benefits for spouse and dependents available with life and dental coverage)
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- OTR Operation: Primary lanes east of the Mississippi River
- OTR Drivers are home on weekends
- Assigned Air Ride Conventional Tractors (no slip seating)
- Central Maintenance Shop is located in Charlotte, NC
- Fueling at company terminals. Company issues fuel card for use when on the road.
Our primary lanes are the Upper Mid-West and the East Coast. We also have freight that takes us along the Gulf Coast region into Louisiana and Texas.
You must have at least one year of recent verifiable commercial driving experience, a good driving record with no DWIs, reckless driving, or any DOT disqualifying convictions. You must also have no felony convictions.
Peterbilt or Mack conventional air-ride trucks.
Our drivers will get home virtually every weekend, and may even be able to get home in mid-week as well.
Most of our freight is either drop trailers, shipper load and consignee unload. Driver load or unload is approximately 98% no touch.
Once we complete the processing of your application, which includes background checks, MVR review, and a drug screen, all run smoothly, you will be working within 3 or 4 days.
All paid miles are based on PC-Miler computer generated miles. This is used for both loaded and empty miles that are dispatched to the truck.
Trucks are always parked at the terminal property so that the maintenance personnel have the opportunity to check over the equipment and perform any necessary maintenance or repairs.
Yes. We have available medical insurance with prescription card, life insurance, vision and dental insurance.
As a general rule, we do not go into the city. We do deliver and pickup in the surrounding boroughs of New York City.
Our policy is that any passenger must be cleared in advance by our safety department. The passenger must be between the ages of 16 and 70.
All trip miles, empty and loaded, will be paid at the schedule outlined above. Settlement checks will be available on Friday (noon) of each week. Your payroll is also available for Direct Deposit into your own account.